msn.com 18 Sep, 2020 02:30 am

Fort Worth-area bar owners 'heartbroken' as they are again left out of COVID-19 reopening

Fort Worth-area bar owners were once again disappointed and frustrated after Thursday's announcement that Texas bars would be excluded from the plan to reopen most businesses to 75% capacity. Gov. Greg Abbott announced Thursday that most of the state's businesses, including restaurants, retail stores, gyms and office buildings currently open at 50% capacity, would be able to open to ...

“It’s been 21 years of my life,” Fennel said.“I know it’s a tough situation, and maybe if some things had been different, (the shutdown) would have been lifted,” Fennel said.” Fennel said most of the spikes in coronavirus cases happened while bars were closed.Thompson and Fennel said their safety precautions that night proved they could reopen safely.

“We were hoping that the 25th would prove that the 51% bars were willing to take any extreme to make our bars safe and we would prove we could operate them safely,” Fennel said.Fort Worth Star-Telegram p Fort Worth-area bar owners were once again disappointed and frustrated after Thursday’s announcement that Texas bars would be excluded from the plan to reopen most businesses to 75% capacity.

Read full story at msn.com